True or False: Choose one answer
HRM 300 FINAL EXAM (NEW 2015 )
True or False: Choose one answer
1. A retirement program that pays retiring employees a fixed retirement income based on
average earning over a period of time is a defined contribution plan.
2. Job evaluation is the process whereby an organization systematically establishes its
3. EEO laws require performance appraisal systems be objective, job related, reliable, and
valid, as they are used for promotion or termination.
4. Career planning focuses on assisting individuals in identifying their major goals and how to
5. Employee training focuses on an employees future personal growth.
6. A comprehensive interview is used to assess a candidates motivation, values, ability to
work under pressure, and ability to fit in with the organizational culture.
7. Under law, an employer is permitted to seek out preferred job candidates based on nonjob related factors such as physical appearance, sex, or religious background.
8. The best results with respect to job analysis are usually achieved with some combination of
job analysis methods.
9. Under new regulations employers are not permitted to electronically monitor employees,
unless given permission by the employee to do so.
10. The Family and Medical Leave Act permits employees in organizations of 50 or more
workers to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for family or medical reasons.
11. Outsourcing refers to sharing HRM activities among geographically dispersed divisions.
12. Interestingly, most organizations take a melting pot approach to diversity.
Multiple Choice: Choose one answer
13. Ethics refers to:
a) a set of rules or principles that defines what is legal and what is illegal.
b) a set of rules or principles that defines right and wrong conduct.
c) a situation in which decisions are made based on religious rules or principles
d) a situation in which individuals make decisions based primarily on their best interest.
e) a situation in which individuals act make decisions based primarily on the best interest
of the most economically disadvantaged individuals
14. Griggs v. Duke Power (1971) is important for all of these reasons EXCEPT:
a) In its decision, the Supreme Court adopted the interpretative guidelines set out under Title
b) It made the use of intelligence and conceptual tests used in hiring illegal without direct
empirical evidence that the tests were valid.
c) It prevented employment testing in the hiring process for most jobs.
d) It placed the burden of proof on management if testing was questioned.
e) It was a landmark case against disparate impact.
15. Which of the following is NOT an activity that organizations frequently cite as being
affected by the job analysis process?
d) Succession planning
e) Performance appraisal
16. During the interview process, an acceptable question to ask is
a) Do you own your own home?
b) When did you graduate from college?
c) Do you have a college degree?
d) How many children do you have?
e) Where are you from originally?
17. Which of the following describes the sequence of career stages typical for most adults?
a) Establishment, Mid-career, Peak performance, Mid-life crisis, and Retirement
b) Establishment, Mid-career, Peak performance, Late career, and Retirement
c) Exploration, Establishment, Mid-career, Late career, and Decline
d) Initiation, Early-career, Mid-career, Late career, and Decline
e) Exploration, Mid-career, Late career, Decline, and Retirement
18. Which method breaks down jobs based on identifiable criteria and the degree to which these
criteria exist on the job?
a) Ordering method
b) Broad-banding method
c) Classification method
d) Point method
e) Group incentive method
19. The most effective external recruiting sources are:
a) Professional organizations
b) Employment agencies
c) Schools and colleges
e) There is no one best external recruiting source
20. .Which of the following is NOT an appraisal method that uses relative standards?
a) Group-order ranking
b) Individual ranking
c) Paired comparison
d) Forced-choice appraisal
e) Forced ranking
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post True or False: Choose one answer appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .