Data-to-Wisdom Continuum Analysis Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purpose of this assignment is to be able to incorporate the data-to-wisdom continuum into the practice of professional nurse. You are required to think of a concept/issue/idea in your practice area then relate it to the four steps of the data, information, knowledge, wisdom continuum.
- Develop the concept/idea/issue you selected from your practice area into a relevant question. For example, if you are thinking of patient falls, you may think of a question such as: what factors that leads to patient falls in a nursing home?
- Describe the question you developed and then relate how you would work through the four steps of the data, information, knowledge, wisdom continuum. Be specific.
- Identify the databases and search words you would use to search for data and information about your topic.
- Relate how you would take the information gleaned and turn it into useable knowledge.
- Can informatics be used to gain wisdom?
- Describe how you would progress from simply having useful knowledge to the wisdom to make decisions about the information you have found during your database search.
- Must use at least 5 scholarly reference of which, at least 2 journal articles.
- Limit the paper to three-five pages excluding the cover page, reference and appendices pages, using APA format. Writing style is at a graduate level.
McGongigle, D, and Mastrian, K. (2014). Nursing informatics and foundations of knowledge. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 6: Overview of Nursing Informatics
- Chapter 8: Nursing Informatics: Informatics and knowledge needs of nurses in the 21st century.
- Chapter 10: Systems Development Life Cycle
- Chapter 14: Improving Workflow and Meaningful Use
Rutherford, M. A. (2008). Standardized nursing language: What does it mean for nursing practice? OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 13(1). Retrieved from: Http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANA…