Please see the below the questions below that I would like to have individually answered. This assignment must consist of 1200+ words with 3 Scholarly Sources, the below reference must be used as one source. Please put the question number by the answer so that I know what answer goes with each question. A couple of questions have multiple questions, see questions 2, 3, 5, & 8.**NO PLAGIARISM WHATSOEVER**
Equilibrium Stream, Flash vs. Regional Floods, & Urbanization Effects / The 1993 Mississippi River Flood
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
2. 1. What were the weather conditions that produced the flood? How long did the flood water take to pass through the entire river system?
2. What measures were taken to protect cities from flooding?
3. Control of flood waters requires that many decisions be made. Should more miles of levees be built? Should existing levees be built higher? Should the river bottom be dredged deeper?
Should more flood waters be diverted out of the river channel into farmland and rural communities? Should the river course be shortened by cutting through meander bends?
Evaluate each of your decisions against the knowledge that the river is an equilibrium system that will work against some human constructions.
Wildfire & Fire Fighting; Mass Movements & Gravity / The 2007 Witch Creek fire in Southern California
4. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
5. 1. What are the damage statistics of the Witch Creek fire? Was it fuel or wind driven? Why is the chaparral vegetation of the area so prone to burn?
2. What were the lessons learned from “The Trails” housing development?
6. How could The Trails subdivision been designed and built in ways to avoid having so many houses catch fire? How can you protect a house from flying embers?
Subsidence & Falls; Flows of Rock & Snow; Slides & Mitigation / The 2014 “Oso mudslide” in Washington
7. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
8. 1. The “Oso mudslide” was actually two separate events that occurred a few minutes apart. Describe what the earth/rock/mud did during each part of each event [Hint: neither was a mudslide.
2. What role did the river play in setting up the slope failure? Why were the rocks in the hill so weak? What were they? How old were they?
9. What could / would you say to convince strong-minded people living in a beautiful rural setting in an unincorporated area that their landslide threat was so dangerous that they should give up their houses and land and move somewhere else?
Textbook and Reference is attached below:
Abbott, P. L. (2014). Natural disasters (9th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.